- Marinate fish with salt and set aside.
- Combine shredded ginger with potato starch and sieve out excess flour.
- Lightly fry ginger until slightly golden and crispy. Set aside.
- Using the remaining oil, fry fish till slightly golden on both sides. Place it onto a serving plate.
- Keep aside 1 tablespoon oil, sauté chopped garlic till fragrant, add in sauce ingredients, stirring until it starts to boil.
- Pour sauce over fish and garnish with fried ginger, spring onions and some sliced tomatoes on the side.