- Combine cucumber with salt. Then drain off water.
- Combine sugar, vinegar and salt. Add cucumber, carrots, cherry tomatoes and bird’s eye chilli. Set aside.
- Marinate chicken with salt and ginger juice for 20 minutes. Heat a pan with ¼ full cooking oil. Coat chicken with potato starch and fry in hot oil until lightly golden on both sides. Takes 10 to 12 minutes.
- Refry chicken for another 3 -4 minutes. (To ensure crispy chicken) Drain fried chicken on paper towels.
- Using the same pan, leave 2 tablespoons oil, fry ginger, garlic until fragrant, add in Lee Kum Kee Hoisin Sauce, Lee Kum Kee Oriental BBQ Sauce, sugar, water, vinegar, stirring until it starts to boil. Add in light corn syrup or honey.
- Turn off heat and put in fried chicken to coat with the sauce.
- Serve chicken with cucumber pickles on the side.